Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th

Yes, today is September 11th. Do you know what happened on September 11th? That's right, my dad was born, in 1936. My dad is 71 years old today. He's diabetic, been through prostate cancer, a mild heart attack, angioplasty, and he's still plugging along. I am so lucky and grateful to still have both my parents in my life. They are the best grandparents to my kids that I ever could have wished for. It's heart-warming to me to see how my dad has softened over the years, even from first grandchild Danielle to Kylie. And they have a fourth granddaughter also, my brother's daughter Mackenzie, who is almost 2. I only hope that I can do as well as a parent as they did raising my brother and me, and I hope they are proud of the job I am doing.

Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Woodard.