Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dear Blog

I'm so sorry. I know I've been neglecting you. But you see, there's all this stuff going on. Life stuff.

I'm bankrupting our family by buying school supplies and paying school fees. Taking the little one for reading placement testing. (She did well!)

Then Shannon had her first day of high school. Well, it was a first day for freshman only. Freshman get to have their first day by themselves, with no upper-class harassment. I think it's a good idea. The first real day of school is Monday. Well, maybe. Because while the freshman were there on Friday, this happened.

Luckily, Shannon was in a different wing from where the leak was. The school is supposed to notify parents by Sunday afternoon if school will be starting on Monday or not. If not, I think I may have to commit...something bad. At least I know for sure Kylie will be starting Monday.

Here is the obligatory first-day-of-school picture, which Shannon vehemently asked me not to post online.



I don't know why Luke is eating her foot, but she doesn't seem to mind.



In between all the school-fee paying and supply-buying and testing and registering, there were high school softball camps and tryouts. Shannon made the team. Woo! Right now she's at an overnight bonding thing with the team at Winter Park Resort Lodge, which is a ski resort when it's not summer. Why don't I get to go to places like that? With wine? Not that the high school softball team is going to be drinking wine, but a place called Winter Park Resort Lodge is just begging for cocktail hour, if you ask me.

I've also been starting to think about kind of looking for a job, sort of.

And then, there's this other thing that's been going on. They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting it. Well, I'm admitting it. I have an addiction.

It's called Farmtown. I knew Facebook was going to be the downfall of civilization. My name is Shelley, and I'm a ... farmaholic?



See my farm? Isn't it pretty? Click on it for a bigger view. Right now I have peppers ready to harvest, and the pumpkins will be ready in a day or so. I have a house and a barn. And near the barn, flowers that spell out "ASU". The name of my farm is Sun Devil Farms of CO. And my avatar? Her name is Sparky. I am constantly thinking of ways that I could remodel my farm. I know this is all insane. I have a problem. Please send help.



PS. If anyone else has a similar problem with Farmtown, please let me know. I only need two more farm neighbors before I can hire other people to plow my fields. Maybe we can go to therapy together.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Farmtown seems to be an obsession with just about everyone. (Well, that and Mafia Wars!) Your therapy group might be a wee crowded with all those other Farmaholics!

Shelley said...

Lori,
I have a friend that's invited me to join her mafia family. I'm afraid to.

Mary~Momathon said...

I'm a Yo-Ville-o'holic.

Congrats to Shannon for making the team!

Dawn in D.C. said...

You crack me up. No, I don't farm, but I have a BFF who does. And she is every bit as addicted as you are.

Lish said...

No Farmtown for me...no time! But hit me up for a game of Scrabble if you ever feel the need. ;)

onthegomom said...

I am addicted to FarmTown as well and my husband thinks its hilarious and gives me tons of grief (I'm a level 27, you look like you are close to that, too). I also play Farmville (level 20) and YoVille (level 22). Its a terrible addiction (but fun) and I waste a many hours thinking about my farm and actual farming!

lisafer said...

Oh yeah, I was totally addicted back in May. Then I moved back to AZ and started working. I'm very bitter about how working full-time has cut into my Farmtown time. :)