Friday, July 24, 2009

Spongebob Lego Pants

Does anyone want to buy a 14 year-old with an attitude? I'm selling her cheap. I've heard rumors that she's nice to people that aren't me. She'll even clean when she's in the mood (read: bored.) But she's unreasonable, ungrateful, and just a general pain in the ass. She's cute though. And as I mentioned, I've heard she's nice to people not named Me. Takers? Anyone?

Yesterday we went shopping. Kylie needed a new backpack and lunchbox for school, which doesn't start for another month, and the two older girls needed wanted some clothes. I gave each of them a set amount of money to spend and sent them off.

Meanwhile, Kylie and I visited Payless for some shoes, then the Lego store.




Spongebob made of Legos! Kylie is 44" tall, so that gives you an idea of how big Spongebob was. They are having a contest where you guess how many Legos it took to build this thing. I have no idea what the prize is, but I thought it would be fun to guess anyway.

I counted the number of Legos in one row across the front of his head, across the side of his head, the from the top of the head down to the bottom of the shorts. LxWxH, right? Did the math on the back of the entry form. Then Kylie mentioned the legs. Crap! So I added some more...and I wrote down 42,168. Think I'll win?

As for the clothes, neither one of them found anything they liked, but at least Danni tried stuff on. The other one just stood around, rolled her eyes and gave me death glares when I dared make a suggestion. For example, she likes skinny jeans. Wet Seal had some skinny jeans for $10. But they "looked weird." Eyeroll. Even though they're the same kind of jeans she always wears. Is there some sort of unwritten rule that if it's on sale, they will automatically turn their noses up at it, no matter what it is? I took the money back from her when we got home. Little shit. I mean, don't you want her for your very own?



5 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

duh, mom, those skinny jeans are SO last week! ::eyeroll::

You know, she wants True Religion knock offs, they are "in" this week. But, by the time you get them in the laundry, they'll be out of style too.

Can you tell I just went to the mall with my teen and she tried on jeans! I feel your frustration. Why don't they have a bar next to Wet Seal?

Fannie said...

I STILL think Prom/Sadie's/Homecoming dress shopping is WORSE.

Dawn in D.C. said...

If I hadn't already raised a girl very simliar (read:exactly the same) as that one, I may have been tempted. Sorry. Check with someone who has all boys and dreams for the wonderful daughter to go shopping, brush hair and tell secrets with. (excuse me, I might gag)

Great first day of school picture. I love to bring out the first grade pictures every now and again. *sniff*

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Sorry--I've got one of my own. I don't think I could take another.

You'll like the story about how when I made her and her friend come into our hotel room--versus the hangout hotel room with all the water polo players in it--at 2:30 a.m., I was yelled at, because, "I never let her have any fun." Hunh?!

Spongebob Lego said...

Kylie is 44" tall, so that gives you an idea of how big Spongebob was. They are having a contest where you guess how many Legos it took to ... aspongeboblego.blogspot.de