Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Dog's Life

Those of you with jobs outside of the home...have you ever wondered what your dog does all day? I used to wonder. Now that I'm at home, I have been privy to the Secret Life of the American Dog.


He starts his day taking advantage of still-warm bedding, belonging to a child who should have made her bed, but did not.



After the sun moves from the child's bedroom window, he wanders downstairs to take advantage of the warmth coming in the living room window. You'd think it was cold here, and he needed to warm himself in the sun. Except this is Phoenix, and it is so NOT cold in here.


To break up the day a bit, the dog can pretend to be a cat and lie across the top of the couch, making sure to stay in the sunlight.



In the afternoon, he switches to the loveseat, trying to get that last little bit of sun. Whew...what a day. He's exhausted.


In my next life, I want to be a dog.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Bo, do you know where your Mommy is moving you in a few months? To cold Colorado. If you need to come back to AZ and warm up next winter, we will be here for you.

Mary said...

That's not a dog! That is a cat, trapped in a dog's body!

Scotvalkyrie said...

So what ARE you doing there at home? I can't imagine . . .

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Exhibit A in why my dogs are outside during the day-I know they'd be breaking the "no dogs on the furniture rule!"

ACS said...

Those pics are all too familiar in THIS household. Our dogs lounge almost ALWAYS...On Sat and Sun mornings they wake up on their OWN schedule...usually WAY after the humans of the house!!! But of course my lazybones are far from that mindframe right now--as I am trying to wind down from the day and enjoy some silence--they are in FULL PLAY MODE. Of course.