Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wut?

Happy Groundhog Day!

I'm not much of a sentimentalist when it comes to my kids' schoolwork. I can't think of anything from their younger years that I saved. Especially now that we're on kid #3 in elementary school.

But last year, when Kylie was in kindergarten, she brought this guy home on Groundhog Day:





I have to tell you, we all laughed ourselves silly at this groundhog peeking out of his little paper bag hole, saying "Wut?" I guess that was Kylie's kindergarten spelling of "what?", but the spelling just made it all that much funnier. Say it like a stoner. "Wut?"


This guy made the move to Denver with us and was still in Kylie's bedroom. I remembered him this morning. I guess I didn't keep it so much for sentimental value, as I did for entertainment value. We all looked at each other this morning and said, "Wut?" It's nice to start the day with a giggle.

7 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

That made me laugh! Love it!

Stacey said...

Cute!

I use to keep a lot of my son's school work, but I finally threw it away. It had filled up an entire cabinet!

Dawn in D.C. said...

Love it! Needed the giggle on this, yet another dreary day. No shadows here. No ground hogs, either, just possums.

Jenny said...

Actually that made me laugh. WUT? Super cute.

Hulk said...

Hey Shelly~I am actually going to be in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Know any good golf courses?

Joann Mannix said...

I must have missed this on my Google reader. That is one darn cute Groundhog! I'm having a "Wut" morning, actually it's more of a "Wuuuuut" kind of day. I've just got that feeling. Time for more coffee.

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

I so know what you mean. I have a couple of small boxed from my older two but now with #3 starting grade school, forget it! Like your blog. Will be following more!