Saturday, September 1, 2007

Me, With A Blog?

You may be wondering why I decided to call my blog "Bad Mommy." It's because on any given day, selling at least one of my children crosses my mind. I have three daughters. Danielle is 15 and a sophomore in high school. Shannon is 12 and has just started hormonal hell...I mean, 7th grade. And the head of the household, Kylie, is 5. Well, as I write this, she will be 5 in two days. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I just wish they'd leave me alone sometimes. Especially while I'm at work. I don't mind a phone call at work saying "hi mom, I miss you", or "I love you." What I do mind is someone (Shannon) calling me to tell me that Kylie is being a pain, or that you need to have your practice log signed, or some other mundane crap that could easily be taken care of by your father, who by the way is at HOME, and I am not. And don't call me at work to tell me that Danielle is hogging the computer. Have I mentioned that your dad IS AT HOME?

You know that one mom, the one who is always put together and flawless? She has three or four kids, she is the classroom mom, the softball/baseball team mom, the president of the PTA, is in charge of practically every school event, her husband is the CEO of something or other...and in her spare time, she is a Creative Memories, Pampered Chef, or Mary Kay consultant? Yeah...well, I'm not her. I'm lucky to make it through the day without Xanax, or at least a gallon of Diet Coke. I think I might have some issues. Oh, and yes I do have a husband, his name is Steve, and I'm sure he will make appearances periodically. After all, he is my fourth child.

I suppose I should end this with something mildly amusing. Last night, we were at the first high school football game of the season. Danielle is on color guard (flag line) with the marching band, so we go to all the games. I should mention right here that I LOVE FOOTBALL. No, that's not sarcasm. I think my love of football may be one reason why Steve and I are still together, as he is a fanatic too. Anyway, Kylie always likes to hug the school mascot, which is some girl/cheerleader in a wolf costume. The mascot's name is Scruffy. So last night, she finds Scruffy. Scruffy takes Kylie's hand and starts to walk away with her. Part of me hoped that they would just keep going, because she was being a whiny pain in the butt. Anyway, they walked down the bleachers a bit, but then they came back. She always comes back, like a boomerang. A boomerang that never stops talking. Incidentally, we won the game 50-7. Go Wolves! Tonight, Steve and I are going to the ASU v. San Jose State game. Woohoo!

Disclaimer: There will often be sarcasm used in these posts. I don't always point out the sarcastic statements with arrows around them. No, I don't really wish my 5 year old would go away with a stranger in a wolf costume. Well, not always.

No comments: